MaptimePDX this Thursday!

Lyzi Diamond

Oct 22, 2013, 2:11:41 PM10/22/13
to Lyzi Diamond, Melelani Sax-Barnett, Adam Roberts
TL;DR: MaptimePDX[1], 10/24, 6pm-8:30pm, Esri R&D Center at 920 SW 3rd Ave #400 in Portland 2]. We will be working on the Leaflet[3] Quick Start Guide (with a little OpenStreetMap[4] thrown in there) and will have a space for open map hacking as well! Beginners very welcome. Bring a laptop!

Hey map nerds, geo geeks, and the spatially curious: MaptimePDX is BACK, and we want you to come hack with us!

This Thursday, October 24th from 6pm to 8:30pm, join us for MaptimePDX, a monthly/bi-weekly hack and learn event for the geographically inclined. We will have spaces for those who are already working on map-related projects (or have ideas in mind!) as well as a guided exercise through building a Leaflet web map and using data from OpenStreetMap. Beginners are very welcome and encouraged to attend! Please bring a laptop if you can.

We all use maps every day. Let's learn how to make them even better... together.

P.S. If you're at all interested in casual mentoring at the event (a.k.a. answering questions or sharing what you do), please let me know.

Event details:

What: MaptimePDX!
When: Thursday, October 24th from 6pm to 8:30pm
Where: Esri R&D Center, 920 SW 3rd Ave #400, Portland, OR
Who: Anyone interested in learning more about maps and geospatial technology.
Why: Because maps are rad!