R-fiddle

Jesse Cooke

Nov 20, 2013, 2:19:31 PM11/20/13
to pdx-visu...@googlegroups.com
I just caught wind of R-fiddle, a site where you can play with R in a browser.
Kinda neat!

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Nov 20, 2013, 2:24:58 PM11/20/13
to pdx-visu...@googlegroups.com, Jesse Cooke
How much RAM is backing that up? What's their revenue model? How hard
is it to go to your nearest CRAN mirror and download R for Windows or
Mac? How hard is it to type 'apt-get install', 'yum install' or
'zypper install'? ;-)

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://znmeb.github.io/CompJournoStick/

Pondering the pandemonium of pontificating pantheism to ponderous
pandas since 1994

Jesse Cooke

Nov 20, 2013, 2:36:49 PM11/20/13
to M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, pdx-visu...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <zn...@znmeb.net> wrote:
Quoting Jesse Cooke <je...@jc00ke.com>:

I just caught wind of R-fiddle, a site where you can play with R in a
browser.
Kinda neat!
http://www.r-fiddle.org

How much RAM is backing that up?
Not enough, based on it not loading correctly ;)
What's their revenue model?
I doubt they have one, and even if they did, they probably don't!
How hard is it to go to your nearest CRAN mirror and download R for Windows or Mac? How hard is it to type 'apt-get install', 'yum install' or 'zypper install'? ;-)
Harder than typing r-fiddle.org in your browser ;-)