Re: [calagator-development] Blog? Email lists?

Audrey Eschright

Aug 5, 2014, 10:06:21 PM8/5/14
to calagator-...@googlegroups.com, pdx-tech...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to see the blog become active again, but I don't think I have the time or energy to lead it. In the past, it's been a useful venue to talk to Calagator users and potential contributors about what's going on with the project, and how they can get involved.

Here's the history behind having two mailing lists:

The pdx-tech-calendar list was the first piece of the Calagator project to exist. At that time we didn't have a name for the project, but needed a way to get local people involved in determining what we should build, and scheduling code sprints to do it. It hasn't been very active for a while.

We added the calagator-development mailing list later to have a point of contact for Calagator contributors, whether or not they live and work in Portland. As more people look to using Calagator in more places, it seemed like a good idea to have a home for development conversations that wasn't geographically limited.

I think there's still a use for both of these, but I'd love to hear from pdx-tech-calendar subscribers about what they might hope to get from continuing to be on the list, especially if it's not covered under the purpose of calagator-development.

Audrey

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Shawna Scott <shawn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey all!

[Cross posted to PDX Tech Calendar]

I've been poking around, and I noticed that the blog linked in the header has been inactive for a long time. Is it something that is intended to be restarted? If not, would it make sense to archive or preserve the blog posts somewhere and remove the link?

In addition, I'm not clear on the purpose of maintaining two separate email lists with the current use of GitHub issue tracker. It feels to me like the development discussions are happening there rather than on the email lists, and that it might be beneficial to have one canonical list.

Thoughts?