Dealing with spam - FAQ? Users Guide?

keith.l...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2015, 1:04:47 PM4/14/15
to pdx-tech...@googlegroups.com
Howdy - I love Calagator, both as an event organizer and as an attendee.   Thank you!

When I see what is very likely spam, I delete it, and have done so four times in the last two days.  However, it usually resembles a rewrite of a prior legitimate posting.  Without something indicating a revision count, I don't know for sure that it isn't a re-edit of a legitimate event that I might somehow revert.

A FAQ or User's guide (clickable from the banner) could tell me the best way to help with these spams, and make sure I am not erasing a real event a few revisions back.  I don't have time to help a lot, but many of us can help a little if we know the best way to do so.

It might also be helpful to keep track of the source IP addresses;  95% of the spam and exploit attacks on my server are from a small range of addresses in China, and I redirect that block to 127.0.0.1 .

Audrey Eschright

Apr 23, 2015, 8:06:13 PM4/23/15
to pdx-tech...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keith,