Event Trends?

lucia...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2012, 6:18:22 PM10/21/12
to pdx-tech...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone analyzed calagator events? I'm wondering about the seasonality of calagator events. Are there more events in specific seasons?

Igal Koshevoy

Oct 31, 2012, 2:29:44 PM10/31/12
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM, <lucia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone analyzed calagator events? I'm wondering about the seasonality of calagator events. Are there more events in specific seasons?

You're welcome to do this if you're interested.

You can get a JSON dump of all events by visiting the following URL, but remove the word "PONY": http://calagator.orgPONY/events.json?date%5Bstart%5D=2007-01-01&date%5Bend%5D=2014-01-01

Please DO NOT publish the direct link because it beats up the server and ends up dumping almost the entire database, and I don't want the spiders hitting it.

My personal guess is that there are fewer events during November and December, but otherwise I don't think there's much seasonal variation in the number of events.

-igal