Collaborating with Shift Calendar

ohwa...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2015, 5:54:26 PM9/9/15
to PDX Tech Calendar
Hello, Calagator people!

My name is One. I am new to Portland and a new organizer for the Shift Calendar (http://www.shift2bikes.org/cal/).

As some of you may know, Shift provides the other calendar in Portland, Oregon that serves the community by inviting regular citizens to post events and aggregating the results to help them find fun events that build friendships.  Unlike Calagator, the Shift Calendar focuses on social bike rides and does not use Ruby. Perhaps, because of these differences, Calagator and Shift have not engaged each other in the past.  However, I believe we have amazing potential for collaboration that has yet to be tapped. If Calagator and Shift organizers help each other, we could better empower everyday Portlandians to organize and participate in community events.

I want to do what I can to facilitate communication and sharing of resources between developers for Calagator and Shift. I have posted this hackathon for Shift on Calagator: http://calagator.org/events/1250468964. All Calagator people are welcome to attend. Also, do any of you know HTML5 and would you be interested in leading a 30-minute introductory tutorial during the morning of the hackathon? The hackers and I would appreciate your help.

Calagator people are fabulously ingenious hackers and organizers, and thus, I am interested in listening to your ideas for collaboration. So please do send them my way!

Thanks!

One

Eric Drechsel

Sep 9, 2015, 7:19:08 PM9/9/15
to PDX Tech Calendar

Count me in! Unless it's in the next two weeks, in which case I'll be on a bike trip..