Fwd: Calagator .json Feed Issue on Techlandia.org

Kyle Bridges

Jul 11, 2013, 12:28:31 PM7/11/13
to pdx-tech...@googlegroups.com, Thompson Morrison
Hello,

Jason Reid referred me to you for a Calagator issue we're having on techlandia.org. Please see the message below for more details:

Reid,

We're experiencing an issue with the Calagator feed on the techlandia site: http://www.techlandia.org/community/events.html.

We had a similar issue back in January because of an invalid .json feed. We're seeing the same issue again. Could you take a look into this?

Here was the solution from our last conversation:

I looked a bit more into it this morning and tried my luck at getting it to parse in PHP. It looks like it's getting hung up on the character encoding in our file. I've opened an issue to track this on our end (https://github.com/calagator/calagator/issues/28) and it looks like I've found a workaround you can use for now.
I've attached my test script, based on this comment http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.json-decode.php#107107, which successfully decodes Calagator's JSON.

Kyle Bridges

Daniel Hedlund

Jul 11, 2013, 4:16:08 PM7/11/13
to pdx-tech...@googlegroups.com, Thompson Morrison
There was a non-UT8 character that made it through the import process and into the event feed.  I removed the non-UTF8 character from the event as a temporary workaround so the feed should hopefully work again.  More information was added to the calagator ticket: https://github.com/calagator/calagator/issues/28