Experience levels on talks

Aaron DeVore

Aug 12, 2019, 7:43:18 PM8/12/19
to PDX Rust
I really enjoyed the last talk (Trees = Boxes + Enums + Iterators),
but I didn't realize before hand that it was beginner friendly. If I
had known, I would have encouraged my fiance and maybe some coworkers
to join me. Perhaps it would be good to include a recommended
experience level in the event description for talks?

-Aaron DeVore

Jim Blandy

Aug 13, 2019, 12:15:47 AM8/13/19
to Aaron DeVore, PDX Rust
Yeah, that was pretty great!

The announcement on meetup.com did say:

Bring a laptop and join us for this beginner-friendly follow-along-style presentation with live coding. All are welcome. It will be “heaps” of fun!

We can make that sort of information more prominent in the future. I think the appetite for introductory-level material is a lot stronger than I'd thought, so I think we'll aim to do more in the future.