Friday, July 26th 6:30pm: Mozilla Research Engineers Patrick Walton, Jack Moffitt

Tom Lee

Jul 18, 2013, 6:29:30 AM7/18/13
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

Yesterday the stars aligned & I was able to confirm that we'll be able to steal some time from Patrick, Jack (and possibly Brian Anderson too) at the end of next week. Topic is still TBA because I'm terribly disorganized & this is all being arranged on short notice, but you can probably expect a short presentation or two from Jack and/or Patrick RE: Rust and/or Servo followed by a bunch of time for Q&A.

I think we were a bit short on the beer last time around (apparently you like amber ale?), so I'll try to arrange for maybe a little more this time. Elevators will be open from 6:15pm.

Again, RSVPs are very much appreciated but not mandatory.

See you next week!

Cheers,
Tom

Neil Northrop

Jul 23, 2013, 2:18:03 AM7/23/13
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to come by and check it out. Do I need to do anything else besides reply to this thread?

Thanks,
-Neil Northrop

Tom Lee

Jul 24, 2013, 1:29:24 AM7/24/13
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Not at all Neil, just show up on the day. Thanks for letting me know!

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Lee

Jul 25, 2013, 2:08:56 AM7/25/13
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Just confirmed the topics for the evening:

Patrick will be talking about & demoing his Rust NES emulator, sprocketnes.

Jack will be talking about how Rust helps save Servo developers from the pitfalls of parallelism.

Should be great! :) See you this Friday, 6:30pm at New Relic's PDX office.

Cheers,
Tom