Data Viz Society - Portland Chapter - inaugural meetup

Stephen Osserman

Nov 1, 2022, 11:50:14 AM11/1/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Wanted to share an update that myself and a couple other members of the Data Visualization Society are launching a Portland chapter. More details below on our first meetup this coming Sunday and how else to connect for anyone interested. Would love for there to be a strong GIS presence in the group if folks here are interested in coming.

Looking forward to seeing many of you for the first time in a while at GIS Day and hope we can resume our OS-GEO meetings at some point too!

Take care,
Stephen

DVS Portland Inaugural Meetup:

Data Visualization Project Share Out

Join us at Pacific Northwest College of Art (511 NW Broadway, Portland, OR) on Sunday, November 6 at 3:00 pm PST to meet other local DVS members and share some of our data visualization projects.

If you would like 5 or 10 minutes to share something you've worked on and need special equipment, please let us know ahead of time and we will try to help provide for your presentation.

You do not need to make a presentation or to be a formal DVS member to come to the meeting.

How else to connect:
If you are already in the DVS slack, you can find us at our new channel #location-portand.

If you aren't already connected with DVS, there is much more information on their website

Or feel free to email me with any questions. (I don't have any formal role in DVS other than one of the new volunteer affiliate leads for the Portland chapter -- so I'm sure there's a lot I can't answer, but I can hopefully at least point you in the right direction).

Stephen Osserman

Nov 1, 2022, 11:54:08 AM11/1/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
oops -- forgot the link if you want to register for Sunday, link is here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-visualization-project-share-out-tickets-452613407887