Drafting A DEI Statement: Let's collaborate!

Ryan Hodges

Jun 20, 2024, 11:44:40 AMJun 20
to PDX-OSGEO
Hi PDX-OSGEO,

Last night I briefly shared a worksheet I compiled to walk a group like ours through collaboratively and iteratively building an Equity Statement for PSX-OSGEO.

It is my hope that together we can draft such a document that has broad buy-in and consensus among our members but also affirms our commitment to creating a safe space for all and protecting, recognizing, and supporting anyone interested in participating.

I have it as a Google document here:

Anyone on this list is encouraged to contribute to this document and share constructive ideas, comments, and even criticisms (I certainly have my own thoughts on several organizations' "equity statements" :D ).

I will be sharing the document for editing with this group immediately.

Thanks in advance for any and all contributions!
~Ryan Hodges (he/him)