machine learning in OS GIS

David Percy

Jan 28, 2022, 2:47:05 PM1/28/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
does anyone have a cool machine learning project they could share at GIS in Action in April?

QGIS, GRASS. Python, or R? anything else?

thanks,
Percy

Eric Nielsen

Jan 28, 2022, 3:06:58 PM1/28/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I could talk about a method I came up with for unbiased prediction of a large number of vegetation classes of very different prevalences. Used for mapping vegetation in PNW national parks, done in R/random forests. Project also includes a semi-innovative way of improving tractability of giant prediction tasks (3-meter resolution pixels across huge national parks) using standard desktop computers.

Eric

David Percy

Jan 28, 2022, 4:34:59 PM1/28/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
That sounds awesome, you're signed up!
😁

--
David Percy ("Percy"), M.S.
-Spatial Data Science / GIS

David Percy

Feb 8, 2022, 4:59:43 PM2/8/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Would someone be willing to do a demo of image classification in QGIS?

David Percy

Mar 9, 2022, 2:54:08 PM3/9/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
We're getting ready to finalize the program, so any additions at this point would be great!

Lightning talks in the range of 5 minutes are always nice...

David Percy

Mar 16, 2022, 6:58:01 PM3/16/22
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Eric, thanks again for stepping up!