who's handling OSM over a Trimet now? Also, hello!

Darrell Fuhriman

Mar 10, 2021, 5:20:37 PM3/10/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com

I was going to make a change to some light rail stations to update the tagging to modern guidelines, and while I'm pretty sure Madeline told me that Trimet doesn't use OSM for the routing directly, I didn't want to screw anything up.

Anyway, I miss everyone. Maybe it's time to put together at least a PDX OSGeo zoom happy hour if not a full blown meeting. Are people still doing zoom happy hours?

Darrell

David Percy

Mar 10, 2021, 5:27:41 PM3/10/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking we should have a meeting this month, good idea!
:-)

David Percy ("Percy"), M.S.
-Spatial Data Science / GIS
-Instructor/Researcher
Portland State University
-geology.pdx.edu

TC Haddad

Mar 11, 2021, 12:49:48 AM3/11/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com

Yeah apologies for not organizing anything recently - l think I somewhat drowned in the ocean of Zoom this past year... Happy to host if we get some momentum though!

Anyhow, one person you can check with is Erin Hamilton <Hami...@trimet.org> I don't know if she is doing OSM per se, but she was definitely doing some of their web mapping stuff last I checked.

You can also ask over on osm...@googlegroups.com, although it has been pretty quiet over there too. The Trimet MeetUp group is no more, alas.

hope everyone is doing well!

Darrell Fuhriman

Mar 11, 2021, 1:54:41 PM3/11/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the ocean of zoom is definitely a thing.

Thanks for the info. I did try the osm-pdx list originally, but it has been removed. I couldn't find any announcement about that, so I'm wondering if google purged it for inactivity -- if that's even a thing they do.

As far as meetings: has anyone been doing some fun and interesting things?  (I'm hoping to have something to talk about soon, but I gotta keep it on the DL for a bit.)

Darrell

Madeline Steele

Mar 13, 2021, 7:27:56 PM3/13/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks!

Paul is right, George Roth (ro...@trimet.org) is the new OSM lead at TriMet. It would be fun to catch up with you all, but I have a 3 week old and it'll be awhile before I get back to any extracurriculars. :)

Happy almost spring!
Madeline

David Percy

Mar 24, 2021, 12:03:30 AM3/24/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Whoa, congratulations on the newborn!!!
:-)

David Percy

Mar 24, 2021, 12:06:53 AM3/24/21
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
We lost the momentum this month, and next month is GIS in Action, so maybe we should plan on a nice meeting in May?
We could coordinate with our CUGOS friends, perhaps...
We could even have people sign up for presentations , it's been a while, so it seems like we should have some projects to share...