Re: [pdx-osgis] Digest for pdx-osgeo@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Rafa Gutierrez

Apr 16, 2024, 3:49:13 PMApr 16
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Great timing! I’ve got some projects I can share. CYA then!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2024, at 10:42 AM, pdx-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Darrell Fuhriman <dar...@garnix.org>: Apr 15 04:17PM -0700

*Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested!*

Hi, everyone! We’re gonna try again after our last minute cancellation in
March. Agenda is basically the same.

Looking forward to hanging out and seeing you all again.

*tl;dr*
PDX OSGeo is back! Come out and geo nerd!
Wednesday, April 17th @ 6:30pm
Portland State University
Cramer Hall 69 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/45.51176/-122.68495>

*IMPORTANT: *Use the doors on the north side by the street car tracks. Cramer
Hall will be locked, so we will have someone hanging out by the to let
folks in.
After the meeting starts, we will hang a sign in the window with one of our
phone numbers to call and be let in.

We'll plan to keep our traditional third Wednesday meeting dates going
forward.

*The details*We'll use this first meeting primarily to hang out, catch up,
and brainstorm ideas for future meetings, so if you've got a problem to
discuss, or a cool tool to show off, or something you'd like someone else
to talk about, let's hear about it and get it on the schedule.

For example:

- Percy has an idea for building a map of the best way to tip an
election. (I'll let him explain it.)
- Planning a bigger in-person event, such as:
-
- Bringing back WhereCampPDX
- A Code Sprint
- Some kind of combo event with our Seattle friends, CUGOS:
https://cugos.org/
wws s <webb.s...@gmail.com>: Apr 16 10:23AM -0700

Hi PDX OS Geo friends (esp Darrell and Percy)!

Nice to hear activity on the list even if I won't make the meeting.

One thing: If we could restart WhereCampPDX, especially if we can get the Metro building again, that would delight me and I volunteer to help organize. I am sure some CUGOS folks would attend, maybe try to start an alternating thing in Seattle each year?

(I even have a session to propose: "spatializing music, musicalizing space" -- I have no idea what that means, but it sounds fun.)

Much geo-warmth and friendship!
WWS