Final July Meeting

Mitch Besser

Jul 21, 2014, 4:23:20 PM7/21/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
Anyone interested in a meeting last week in July? Location, date, time, .... negotiable.

russell zauner

Jul 21, 2014, 8:32:17 PM7/21/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  I'm finally getting caught up in my Android class and I would welcome any mentoring available.

That week (the 27th ->) I don't have anything on my calendar in the evenings except my Android class at OIT in Wilsonville, which is Tuesdays.

Mitch Besser

Jul 21, 2014, 8:42:50 PM7/21/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
I didn't know they were teaching Android at OIT. I'll need to check that out.

You can pick a day/time/place if you like. We often meet at the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne, but alternates are good too.

Mitch Besser

Jul 23, 2014, 11:50:05 AM7/23/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
The suggested day is Monday, 7pm. Alternate is Thursday 7pm.

Going once, twice, ... ???

Mitch Besser

Jul 24, 2014, 8:44:22 PM7/24/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
Sold!

Our next meeting is Monday July 28th at 7pm at the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne.

So far it will me me and one other. If anyone else is interested, it is nice to know I should look for you, so don't be shy and sign up.

Mitch

russell zauner

Jul 24, 2014, 8:55:50 PM7/24/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
I am working hard to have plenty of questions.  :-)  Cutting my teeth on JavaDocs at the moment and just figured out basic persistent data using shared preferences.  :-)

Also whittling down my project components - my wireframes are supposed to include unimplemented/planned features, though, so I have to consider them.  And project documentation is supposed to include "alternate" ways of implementing things, as well.  But the project requirements are basically "do one or a couple of each" of many things, so I'm trying to make sure that the parts I do select are representative of the points I need to score while still producing something resembling a "whole" app.  Once I get that nailed down, I'll do what I can on wireframes - the parts my inexperience hinders me in are reeling off of "pros/cons of alternative methods" since I'm lucky if I can find a *single* way to make a thing work, as well as what makes architectural sense when deciding to go ahead and score a point for doing any one thing a particular way.

Project rubric here - there's a few more points here and there for stuff not listed, teacher adds some as we go and we can probably argue for a few points if we think we did something significant that isn't listed.
Thanks again - this is the time I've been waiting for and I hoped the group hadn't folded or people went out on extended holiday.  :-)