Android Class Starts Next Week

Mitch Besser

Jan 16, 2014, 8:16:21 PM1/16/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder to everyone that class starts next week:

The online class starts on Tuesday the 21st.

russell zauner

Jan 20, 2014, 12:01:35 AM1/20/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
I am taking a sequence of C++ courses at OIT that spans the entire school year - they're Thursday nights, so I am with you in spirit only.  On rare occasion class gets out early (like midterm/final days) and I usually end up at LLSE anyhow to congratulate myself on a job well done with a fully earned pint.

But I had to drop the OIT Android course last summer because my Java wasn't strong enough; I'm taking it again.  This course is ideal to get prepared for taking it when it's offered again this summer.  I hope to be able to keep up.

Thanks for having the study group, though.  I love what modern learning has become with access to tools and materials...

Mitch Besser

Jan 20, 2014, 12:30:41 PM1/20/14
to pdx-mobile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Russell (and anyone else in the same position),

You can take the online class and not show up to the study group. Also, you can use this Google Group to post questions and join online discussions in addition to whatever the online class offers for help.

Further, we have not determined if Thursday is the day we will meet each week. We will discuss when and where to meet on Thursday. We may choose to rotate locations and days so people who are not as available can catch up at times they can meet.

We'll know more on Thursday and post that information online. While I can't promise anything, I have noted that Thursdays don't work for you.

My preference will be to alternate days of the week every other week so everyone that has a limited schedule has the option to show up to have in person help.

Mitch