Vacuuming the history database in FF v3.5?

Scott Garman

Aug 25, 2009, 4:06:56 PM8/25/09
to pdx-fir...@googlegroups.com
A co-worker forwarded me this blog post which explains how to vacuum the
history sqlite database for Firefox v3.5:

http://lifehacker.com/5344418/make-firefox-faster-by-vacuuming-your-database

I recall this was a problem under FF 3.0 but vaguely recall hearing it
was resolved in 3.5.

Is this the case of misinformation being spread (which I find very
common when it comes to FF performance tips), or is FF 3.5 also
susceptible to this performance issue?

Scott

--
Scott Garman
sgarman at zenlinux dot com

Dietrich Ayala

Aug 25, 2009, 6:12:35 PM8/25/09
to pdx-fir...@googlegroups.com
This is a valid tip... maybe. The caveat being that it's not always a
performance win. Some people see a win, some see no difference at all.

We do not currently vacuum any .sqlite files in your profile
automatically. It's planned for Firefox 3.6 though.