Meeting to possibly end Last Thursday tonight 6-8 pm

1 view

Ryan Good

Feb 8, 2010, 2:09:16 PM2/8/10
to pdx-c...@googlegroups.com, sh...@lists.riseup.net, trans...@googlegroups.com

Hey gang,

I know there are several events tonight, but I think this one could be important. Mayor Adams and Amanda Fritz are holding a meeting tonight to discuss the future of Last Thursday, and one of the options is to END THE EVENT. I know that Last Thursday is not a bike-fun event per-se, but it is car-free, so it's at least car-related. It's also, in my mind at least, a prime example of what makes Portland so quirky, weird, spontaneous, so and freakin' cool. I think a strong showing of cyclists would send a good message. Hope to see you all there, and maybe we can all find a spot to partake in the libation of our choice after.

Here are two links to info about the meeting, and there's a post on Bikeportland.org too.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/portlandcityhall/2010/01/portland_commissioners_to_hold.html

http://www.portlandonline.com/fritz/

Ryan

--
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.

                                -Humphrey Bogart

Check out the Continuing Adventures of Captain Hairdo here: http://captainhairdo.blogspot.com/