Car-Free Happy Hour for October

Ryan Good

Oct 14, 2009, 7:53:01 PM10/14/09
to pdx-c...@googlegroups.com
Car-Free Happy Hour for October

Thursday, October 15, 2009, 5-7(ish) pm

Floyd’s Coffee Shop in Old Town (not the one in SE!)

118 NW Couch Street

Are you car-free? In the process of becoming car-free? Just curious about what this car-free business is all about? Then you should come to Car-Free Happy Hour!

That’s right, it’s that time again! And are you ready for something new? Good, because we’re trying a new location this time. We’ll be meeting at Floyd’s Coffee Shop in old town, at 118 NW Couch Street. Floyd’s will be a great venue, because it:

·         has a lot of space…

·         has beer and wine for those who wish to imbibe, and…

·         a variety of coffee drinks, sodas, and other non-alcholic beverages for those who don’t…

·         is centrally located…

·         is right on the MAX line and close to many bus stops…

·         is offering special beer prices to Car Free Happy Hour attendees…

·         and other reasons we’ll think of later!

Another new thing we’ll be doing this time is asking a few people to share their stories- about how they became (or are becoming) car-free, what it means to them, how it’s affected their lives, etc. If you would like to share your story, this is your chance! There may even be time for questions and answers if you want to find out more about the car-free life and those who live it. Some of them are cyclists, some of them use public-transit, and some of them choose to live in a place from which they can walk wherever they need to go. We want to hear from and meet all of them! So come on down. We’ll see you there. And remember, LIVE FREE (or drive…)!

--
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.

                                -Humphrey Bogart

Check out the Continuing Adventures of Captain Hairdo here.