Mixing up the location: Amnesia?

1 view

Aaron Antrim

Sep 3, 2009, 6:44:36 PM9/3/09
to Portland car-free happy hour
Hi folks:

Some of you have suggested moving car-free happy hour around
(periodically? monthly?) for a change of scenery.

I thought I might call Amnesia in NE (http://tinyurl.com/nz54fq) to
see if they could accommodate Car-free Happy Hour next Thursday.

Thoughts? Objections? Support?

Also, it might be nice to have someone speak briefly on an interesting
project, car-free trip, transportation issue near-and-dear to their
heart, etc. If you provide suggestions, I might take it upon myself
to contact a few to see if they're interested.

-Aaron

Eleanor Blue

Sep 3, 2009, 7:16:41 PM9/3/09
to Aaron Antrim, Portland car-free happy hour
I support!

Aaron Antrim

Sep 7, 2009, 12:25:12 PM9/7/09
to Portland car-free happy hour
Several of you emailed me off-list to support the Amnesia location
change-up. I called Amnesia; they say there will be space for us.
So, the September PDX-CFHH will be at Amnesia Brewery (http://
tinyurl.com/nz54fq), Thursday, Sep 10 at 5pm. FYI: Amnesia's food &
drink happy hour is between 4-6pm.

So far, no one has offered any speakers (nominate yourself!), speaking
topics, etc. But if you have ideas, it's not too late to put out
there. Maybe you or someone you know would like to briefly share
stories of car-free travel/tourism, discuss some local infrastructure
issues, or outline a project you're thinking of undertaking?

-Aaron