PDRT_Example_H2_Excitation

Lin Yan

Feb 2, 2023, 5:28:18 PM2/2/23
to PDR Toolbox
Hi,

I just downloaded pdrtpy packages and want to try out using the tool for H2 excitation fitting.

I installed using python 3.6

The first cell failed with errors:
ImportError Traceback (most recent call last) <ipython-input-29-cd80cde9ac95> in <module>
from pdrtpy.tool.h2excitation import H2ExcitationFit, FitMap
from pdrtpy.plot.excitationplot import ExcitationPlot
ImportError: cannot import name 'H2ExcitationFit'

It seems like this version on github does not have a function called H2ExcitationFit, and it does not have ExcitationPlot function either.

Could you please help me finding the correction version?

Thanks, Lin

Lin Yan

Feb 2, 2023, 7:43:41 PM2/2/23
to PDR Toolbox
I think I found the issue -- the example notebook I downloaded from the direct link (*zip file)
is version 2.0.7, this probably explains why some functions are not in the packages.

Lin

Marc W. Pound

Feb 3, 2023, 9:56:41 AM2/3/23
to Lin Yan, PDR Toolbox
Hi Lin,

Good catch! I will update that zip file/link.   If  you download the notebooks individually, do they work for you?

Marc

Dr. Marc Pound
Research Scientist
Astronomy Department
University of Maryland, College Park

Lin Yan

Feb 3, 2023, 11:03:48 AM2/3/23
to Marc W. Pound, PDR Toolbox
I have not tried that. When I upgraded my Mac OS, it broke xcrun, so git was not working. That is why I used the direct download. But I got git working, and cloned your example notebook directory from github.  I will try this out today.

Thanks Lin