How do I prevent WebViewer Mobile version to be displayed in IE 11 Destop (Win 8.1 PC)?

Support

Mar 10, 2014, 3:37:35 PM3/10/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

We are experiencing on some of our IE 11  installations that mobile version of Webviewer is being shown instead of desktop version.

Here are the version details of IE 11:

IE 11 on Windows 8.1

11.0.9600.16476

11.0.3 (KB2909921)

The suspicious part is user-agent string which IE has now.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; Touch; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"

Luckily we have another machine

with almost the same configuration but with slightly change version of IE 11 and its showing the correct desktop version of WebViewer.

IE 11 on Windows 8.1

11.0.9600.16515

11.0.3 (KB2909921)

User-Agent string value:

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; rv:11.0) like Gecko"

Between above two configuration , you can easily spot the differences in User agent string and minor version change.

By searching around the web i found out it's not only us who are experiencing these kind of issues with IE 11.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20354250/crm-2011-and-2013-open-in-mobile-mode-on-ie-11

http://forums.wpcentral.com/microsoft-surface-windows-rt/239149-8-1-internet-explorer-11-showing-mobile-version-sites-issue.html

http://www.sidesofmarch.com/index.php/archive/2013/12/12/stopping-internet-explorer-11-from-showing-the-mobile-express-version-of-dynamics-crm-2011/

You're correct that the difference in the user agent string is important and it's causing WebViewer to select the mobile viewer.  See this post for a suggestion on a workaround: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pdfnet-webviewer/yG4qq-TXqiU