Optimized Simple WebViewer Without Tools

Alice Wu

Jun 21, 2013, 7:59:13 PM6/21/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a simple, optimized webviewer without tools?

I am in the process of improving the performance of my app and would like to know if there is a webviewer library package that has a simple PDF view and nothing else. Our app does not use any of the tools provided in the current webviewer code. We are currently only using the HTML5 web viewer and will use the HTML5 mobile web viewer in the near future.

Thanks,
Alice

Matt Parizeau

Jun 24, 2013, 1:48:07 PM6/24/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alice,

The simplest example we have is our flipbook sample using turn.js which is just a simple, separate ReaderControl and you can find it in our samples in the WebViewer beta download (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-webviewer/4XkCgdLi4Z8/4Eh5EJEAfsMJ).

A number of WebViewer users just use our canvas rendering and create their own controls as needed which I think may be the best option for you.  To do this you would use the Document class' LoadCanvasAsync function which returns a canvas for the specified page in a callback.  The beta version also adds PauseLoadCanvas, ResumeLoadCanvas and CancelLoadCanvas if you want to have finer control over the resource loading of the page.  You can find documentation on these functions in html5/doc.  If you have any other questions about getting this to work then just let me know.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.