Regarding WebViewer Server on Azure Web Apps

Ramzi Chennafi

Jun 28, 2019, 2:18:42 PM6/28/19
to PDFTron WebViewer
In the last couple of weeks Azure has made changes to how their infrastructure works that now causes the WebViewer Server container to not work if certain conditions are filled on Azure Web Apps. This can affect all versions of the server. To mitigate this issue until it has been fixed, we have released an Azure Web Apps specific WebViewer Server image, this image is available from DockerHub at this location:

pdftron/webviewer-server:azurewa-latest

The guides have been updated for this fix, and if you do encounter any issues with your existing Web App server, it is suggested that you update its image to one with azurewa in the tag.

The key difference between this image and the regular image we offer is that WebViewer Server runs as root in the azurewa versions, and runs as a user within the regular versions.