Usablity Issue : Document Text is not looking properly.

Anish Jain

Apr 16, 2014, 9:29:47 AM4/16/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
    We are facing some issue related to document text.
    Document text is not looking properly in web viewer, following issue listed below.
     1. characters spacing is not proper.
     2. Sharpness of characters is not proper.

    User is not able to read document in desktop.

    For that, please refer screen shot which is attached.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwudxV-EWyTQaEcwUXpzeVpQYUU&usp=sharing

    Issue is not replicated in mobile devices.

Thanks,
Anish Jain

Matt Parizeau

Apr 17, 2014, 1:26:50 PM4/17/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anish,

We're aware of issues with Chrome and fonts (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pdfnet-webviewer/Oklyffwp5kw). To improve the situation there we will render the canvas at a larger size and then scale it down. We only do this up to a certain page size and only when the page is <= 100% zoom because this increases the rendering time and the memory usage.

At what zoom levels do you see the issue? Can you send a screen shot of what the page should look like and if possible can you send the XOD document so we can take a look.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.