Why would the WebViewer not convert pdfs to xod files that I upload through the web?

J.D. Nielson

Jul 19, 2013, 1:41:46 PM7/19/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get the PDF WebViewer to work with pdf files that I upload through a website. Unfortunately I keep getting this error message:

Fatal error: PDFNet: An error occurred while converting the file. Detailed error: ToXps cannot convert this file on a non-Windows platform. PDFNetPHP.php on line 11705

If I upload the file through SFTP I have no problems, but when I upload through the web. I get that error. This happen on all browsers, and on WIN7 and OSX operating systems. Have not tried any other OS.

I am using PHP 5.4+ on a SUSE LAMP Server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Kuo

Jul 19, 2013, 2:20:13 PM7/19/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Looks like PDFNet does not recognize the file type.
The input file path passed to ToXps must have the correct extension.
If your web uploaded files are given a temp name, rename it to the proper file extension.
Or if you're working with PDFs, you could create a new PDFDoc object from the temp file and pass that into ToXps.

J.D. Nielson

Jul 19, 2013, 2:25:48 PM7/19/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help. We found the issue about 5 min ago and it is related to what you suggest. We were trying to convert a folder and not the file.