hyperlinks won't work

HiJacker83

Oct 30, 2013, 10:47:32 AM10/30/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I have pdf file and I have converted it with docpub. But my hyperlinks were lost after I convert it. Any suggestion?

Matt Parizeau

Oct 30, 2013, 12:52:10 PM10/30/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
By default links aren't generated for URLs found in the document.  If you add the option --url_links to DocPub then this will add them to the xod.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Support

Oct 30, 2013, 6:54:32 PM10/30/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com

Just to clarify, default conversion preserves Links/Hyperlink annotations, but it does not convert text strings that look like URLs to hyperlinks.

I suppose that you have encountered a file that does not have 'real' hyperlinks. DocPub/PDFNet can extract text and perform pattern matching on text to find potential links with --url_links in DocPub or SetExtractLinks() in PDFNet.