Enabling link extraction from text.

Support

Jul 19, 2013, 4:11:22 PM7/19/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

I have a PDF document where some links do not seem to be working.

Links are working for most other PDFs. Could you please let me know why are links active in Reader but not in WebViewer and is there anything I can do on my and to fix it?

The issue with the links not showing up is because they aren't actually links in the pdf document.  Adobe Reader for example will do an analysis of the document and generate the links from that.  To see that these aren't actually links in the pdf you can go to Edit, Preferences, General and then deselect "Create links from URLs".

XOD conversion supports a similar option to analyze the document for links which is disabled by default.  To enable it with PDFNet you can use the code:

pdftron.PDF.Convert.XODOutputOptions options = new pdftron.PDF.Convert.XODOutputOptions();

options.GenerateURLLinks(true);

And then pass the options into the toXod function.  After converting with this option the links are clickable for me in the WebViewer.