Webviewer V1.8.0 - We are unable to see the form entry fields.

Frank Havens

Oct 31, 2014, 9:06:31 PM10/31/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com

The form entries fields are on the page, but they do not have a style that indicates to the user that there is an entry field. Checkboxes are fine and provide a good UI experience. But the text boxes blend in with the background and users find themselves on an entry field hunt ;-).

this is the same on IE 10 and 11, Chrome, and Firefox.

Very nice product by the way, best I've seen on the market.

We are on Webviewer V1.8.0.

Frank Havens

Nov 10, 2014, 11:15:41 AM11/10/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Matt Parizeau

Nov 3, 2014, 12:59:57 PM11/3/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

By default WebViewer will try to use the border color of the text field or no border if none is specified in the PDF. To override this and add your own border you could add a style to ReaderControl.css for the desktop viewer and MobileReaderControl.html for the mobile viewer.
.pageContainer textarea {
    border
: 1px solid black !important;
}

To programmatically modify things you could use code like this which sets a background color on text fields:
$(document).on('viewerLoaded', function() {
  readerControl
.docViewer.on('pageComplete', function(e, pageIndex) {
      $
('#pageWidgetContainer' + pageIndex).find('input[type="text"], textarea').css('background-color', 'lightblue');

});
});

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer