silverlight

Perry Manole

Mar 11, 2014, 8:00:24 PM3/11/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
1. Has Silverdox been morphed into what is now the Silverlight part of the web viewer?

2. If starting new development now, would you recommend Silverdox or the web viewer which includes a Silverlight client. Is there a difference between Silverdox and the Silverlight web viewer?

3. Is Silverdox being deprecated in lieu of the web viewer?

Kevin Kuo

Mar 11, 2014, 8:41:12 PM3/11/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com

1. Yes, SilverDox is now incorporated in the WebViewer product as the Silverlight component. In a sense, SilverDox is "rebranded" as WebViewer Silverlight and is now part of a bigger more complete product.

2. There are no major differences between SilverDox and WebViewer Silverlight. However, WebViewer Silverlight does has some extra features for working with JavaScript (i.e. using WebViewer.js to control the Silverlight viewer.) so that is why we recommend using WebViewer Silverlight.

3. We continue to provide support for SilverDox, but just as a part of the WebViewer solution.