Print support in PDFTron WebViewer

Support

Dec 7, 2012, 9:07:05 PM12/7/12
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com

Q:

Is there any way I can allow a Print document functionality in the viewer (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/webviewer/demo.html)?
If you can let me know if it is possible now and if not, when it will be available that would be great.

-----

Printing is available in the Silverlight client but not in the HTML5 viewer (since there is currently no standard print protocol in HTML5). An option could be to download the XOD file locally which is really an XPS file and can be printed on any Windows machine (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Print-a-document-or-file).

Note because HTML5 Document gives you option to render pages to image (via doc.loadCanvasAsync()) you could technically implement some type of printing by building a temp page etc, but we are currently not offically suprting this method since it may not work for very large documents.