How do I control annotation permissions in collaboration scenario?

Support

Aug 27, 2013, 5:22:47 PM8/27/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

I'm hoping to be able to assign user rights to annotations somehow, so if there's a way to hook the delete/edit code that would give full control. Just need to be able to annotate the annotations with the user name or whatever.

-------

WebViewer provides a few options to deal with user permissions.  In the WebViewer constructor you can pass the annotationUser option which allows the user to only delete and modify annotations that were created with the same user name.  You can pass the annotationAdmin option which means that the user is able to delete and modify all annotations, regardless of the user.  You can also pass the enableReadOnlyMode option which means that annotations can be viewed but not added, deleted or modified.