PdfNetJS in mobiles

Ali

Aug 4, 2016, 12:39:22 PM8/4/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi
I am trying to make a portable PDF Library app i.e. it would work on Mobile(Android, Ios, Windows), Browsers, Windows and Mac so we were thinking of using pdftron webviewer so I had some questions regarding this.
1. As much as I have read on your website, I have understood that by using Webviewer PDFNetJS, I can use all the functionalities of PdfNet with a browser, so if I want to make a mobile app for it, I just have to make a webview in my native apps and make the pdftron webviewer equal to that and that would do the work, Right?

2. Secondly, if I want to make a completely hybrid app i.e single code, no different codes for different platforms, so what are the possible options for it using Pdftron?

Regards

Matt Parizeau

Aug 5, 2016, 3:16:57 PM8/5/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

WebViewer supports two different document backends (more information here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-webviewer/Ar_0xza7eSU/ma_RkSIXBwAJ), however PDFNetJS is not currently supported on mobile devices. To use WebViewer with mobile devices you'll need to convert your documents beforehand (see here https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/tutorials/getting-started-converting.html).

You have a few options if you want to use WebViewer on mobile devices. You can simply include a WebView in your native app and point it to the location of the WebViewer. For viewing files that are stored on the device there are a few samples n the WebViewer download package. In the samples folder you can find sample code for loading local files in Android, iOS and Windows mobile apps as well as a sample with using WebViewer in a hybrid Cordova app.

Let us know if you have any more questions or need further clarifications!

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.