Re: Question about display quality

Support

Feb 4, 2013, 2:40:00 PM2/4/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marko,

This is a well known issue in Chrome (see links below). It is hard to believe that Google still didn't fix it after so many complaints and after all this time:

We are investigating potential workarounds but the real issue is in the browser.

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:13:05 AM UTC-8, Marko Jovanovic wrote:
Hi,

we are using PDFNet cloud API to convert Pdf documents to XOD files. We used standard options for converting: 'Render Pages = true',  DPI 92 or 138, 'thicken lines= true'.
PDF documents are created either with office save as pdf option or using Acrobat to create pdf from word documents with option high-quality checked.

Using those documents or sample XOD files from you site we noticed that when using latest version of Chrome browser and zoom set to less then 100% display quality seems to be an issue. Some characters looks to have small distortion (not sure if it is the right term), but images as a whole doesn't look good enough. With FireFox and IE9/10 browser it seems that it renders a bit better on zoom setting set on less then 100%.

Is there some particular issue with Chrome browser? And if there is how can we make it looks better?

Can you also, suggest what steps we need to take in order to get best quality documents (pdf creation and xod conversion).

Best Regards
Marko Jovanovic