Regarding apparoach to use for HTML5 and HTML5Mobile

Sweta Sonegra

Mar 15, 2014, 1:17:35 PM3/15/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have an product where we are using licensed PDFTron library. We are supporting Desktop HTML5 and HTML5Mobile.

We are using Mobile reader HTML for both the desktop and mobile. This we have done to reduce the effort of maintaining 2 version for all extension we are doing.

Can you please suggest, is there a way for having something which take care off whatever it be it will accordingly switch and we dont need to maintain 2 versions also.

Currenlty we are facing issue that we have used mobile reader and we are not getting some desktop specific features in it.

Thanks and Regards,
Sweta Sonegra

Matt Parizeau

Mar 17, 2014, 12:01:28 PM3/17/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sweta,

I'm not entirely clear on what you're asking for.  We provide WebViewer.js which will automatically choose the desktop or mobile viewer depending on what device is being used to view.  We also provide the option to use config files to customize WebViewer.  If the customizations you are doing are general enough (i.e. not UI related) then you could share the same config file for both the mobile and desktop viewers.

What desktop specific features are you wanting that the mobile viewer currently doesn't have?  Is your preferred solution that the mobile viewer just gets those features and then you would continue to use mobile for both?

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Sweta Sonegra

Mar 18, 2014, 9:30:47 AM3/18/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your quick reply.

You got my question right. Actually we want to support FitWidth and Continous page layout for mobile which is supported in desktop.

We were using Mobile reader for both desktop and mobile. We are doing customization on top of it.