How do I adjust raster image quality (dpi)?

Support

Aug 23, 2013, 2:42:56 PM8/23/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

I am using PDFNet to publish PDFs for cross-browser viewing in WebViewer (i.e. convert to XPS/XOD).

I have a questions about image quality of some files. My concern is that some of my users will complain about the image resolution.
Is there a way to increase the quality?

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about:

Yes, you can increase the resolution with SetDPI & SetMaximumImagePixels

https://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/PDFNetAPIRef/html/AllMembers_T_pdftron_PDF_Convert_XODOutputOptions.htm

Keep in mind that XODOutputOptions derives from XPSOutputCommonOptions (https://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/PDFNetAPIRef/html/AllMembers_T_pdftron_PDF_Convert_XPSOutputCommonOptions.htm)

The full list of available options is:

GenerateURLLinks

Sets whether links should be generated from urls found in the document. Default is false.

SetDPI

The output resolution, from 1 to 1000, in Dots Per Inch (DPI) at which to render elements which cannot be directly converted. Default is 150.

SetOverprint

Enable or disable support for overprint and overprint simulation. Overprint is a device dependent feature and the results will vary depending on the output color space and supported colorants (i.e. CMYK, CMYK+spot, RGB, etc). Default is e_op_pdfx_on.

SetPrintMode

Sets whether ToXps should be run in print mode. Default is false.

SetRenderPages

Sets whether rendering of pages should be permitted when necessary to guarantee output the default setting is to allow rendering in this case. Default is true.

SetThickenLines

Sets whether thin lines should be thickened. Default is true.

SetAnnotationOutput

Choose how to output annotations. Default is e_internal_xfdf.

SetElementLimit

If rendering is permitted, sets the maximum number of page elements before that page will be rendered. Default is 10000 elements

SetEncryptPassword

Encrypt XOD parts with AES 256 encryption using the supplied password.

SetExternalParts

Output XOD as a collection of loose files rather than a zip archive. This option should be used when using the external part retriever in Webviewer. Default is false.

SetFlattenContent

Flatten images and paths into a single background image overlaid with vector text. This option can be used to improve speed on devices with little processing power such as iPads. Default is e_fast.

SetFlattenThreshold

Used to control how precise or relaxed text flattening is. When some text is preserved (not flattened to image) the visual appearance of the document may be altered.

SetMaximumImagePixels

Specifies the maximum image size in pixels. Default is 2000000.

SetOpacityMaskWorkaround

If rendering is permitted, sets whether pages containing opacity masks should be rendered. This option is used as a workaround to a bug in Silverlight where opacity masks are transformed incorrectly. the default setting is not to render pages with opacity masks. Default is false.

SetOutputThumbnails

Sets whether per page thumbnails should be included in the file. Default is true.

SetPreferJPG

Where possible output JPG files rather than PNG. This will apply to both thumbnails and document images. Default is true.

SetSilverlightTextWorkaround

Outputs rotated text as paths. This option is used as a workaround to a bug in Silverlight where pages with rotated text could cause the plugin to crash. Default is false.

SetThumbnailSize