Chrome rendering problem

ch...@cwfent.com

May 9, 2014, 1:55:05 PM5/9/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm having a problem with chrome and pages coming up reversed and upside down. I've seen it with versions 34 and up.

The org PDF is find, the xod looks fine, viewing is fine in FF and IE and for the most post Chrome is fine as well, it's just every once in a while there is one page that show up upside down and reversed (but only in chrome). What is also strange is side panel thumbnail shows it correctly, it's just messed up in the body.

I'm still using 1.6 and I plan to update but I didn't look like the chrome issues it addresses will help with this.

TIA!

Matt Parizeau

May 13, 2014, 12:18:35 PM5/13/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We've also seen this occasionally with the release of Chrome 34 and but not in any other browsers. From the testing we've done it seems like it might be a strange Chrome bug that we haven't been able to completely isolate. Here's a build that has a change that hopefully fixes this issue: http://pdftron.com/ID-zJWLuhTffd3c/WebViewer/WebViewer_1.7.1.24553.zip. We haven't been able to reproduce the issue with this build so let me know how it works for you.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Sweta Sonegra

May 27, 2014, 4:20:02 AM5/27/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com

 Hi Matt,

  We are also observing above mentioned issue in Chrome 35. Is the above mentioned patch is a stable version? When do you plan to release it?

Thanks and Regards,
Sweta

Matt Parizeau

May 27, 2014, 12:43:08 PM5/27/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sweta,

We don't have a definite release date for the next version but the above patch is stable and you should be able to safely use it in your project. If you just need the specific fix then you should only need to update CoreControls.js and CoreWorker.js.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Marko Jovanovic

Jul 3, 2014, 12:16:13 PM7/3/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

we have been using PdfTron WebViewer for past year and a half. After lastest upgrade to version 1.7.1 and as you mentioned with latest Chrome releases we are frequently having cases when pages are displayed upside-down predominantly in case of using mobile webviewer. We have applied CoreControls and CoreWorker from the build you posted here but issue remained.

Are there any news regarding this issue. What do you recommend as a workaround?

Thanks in advance & Best Regards
Marko

Matt Parizeau

Jul 3, 2014, 12:35:59 PM7/3/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marko,

You can use the version in the download link I posted above to fix this issue: http://pdftron.com/ID-zJWLuhTffd3c/WebViewer/WebViewer_1.7.1.24553.zip

With others switching to this version we haven't had any reports of the issue.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Gisa Jovanovic

Jul 3, 2014, 12:52:35 PM7/3/14
to PDFTron WebViewer on behalf of Matt Parizeau
Dear Matt,

We have already used that build but issue reamined unfrotunatelly. We have that issue occuring only in latest Chrome for mobiel viewer (html5mobile).

Do yuo have maybe some additional info which could help us overcome this issue?

thanks, best regards
Marko

Pozdrav, Giša Jovanović
Nova Com
Carice Teodore 26
Niška Banja
018 45 49 701
062 360 750
rex...@gmail.com
www.rexx.rs

ODRICANJE OD ODGOVORNOSTI

Informacija u ovom e-mailu namenjena je isključivo primaocima navedenim u adresi poruke. Poruka može sadržati poverljive informacije. Ukoliko greškom primite ovaj e-mail, molimo da ga obrišete. Ako niste navedeni kao primalac, svako kopiranje, korišćenje i obelodanjivanje sadržaja je zabranjeno i može biti nezakonito. NovaCom nije odgovorna, niti garantuje, za bilo koje mišljenje, preporuku, zaključak, zahtev, ponudu i/ili ugovornu obavezu koja se ostvaruje ovakvim načinom komunikacije.

DISCLAIMER

Information in this email is intended for the recipients addressed in the email. It may contain confidential information. If you receive this email in error, please delete it. If you are not addressed as the recipient, please have in mind that copying and disclosure of the email or using the information contained in the email is prohibited and may be unlawful. NovaCom neither endorses nor is responsible for any opinion, recommendation, conclusion, demand, offer and/or agreement contained in this email.

Matt Parizeau

Jul 3, 2014, 2:20:45 PM7/3/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marko,

Can you send me a sample project that reproduces the issue (including the xod document) and on what device/browser version you were able to reproduce it. Or if you're able to reproduce with the default mobile viewer then let me know as well. I haven't been able to reproduce it with that WebViewer build so once I'm able to then I can investigate further.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

On Friday, May 9, 2014 7:55:05 PM UTC+2, (unknown) wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a problem with chrome and pages coming up reversed and upside down. I've seen it with versions 34 and up.

The org PDF is find, the xod looks fine, viewing is fine in FF and IE and for the most post Chrome is fine as well, it's just every once in a while there is one page that show up upside down and reversed (but only in chrome). What is also strange is side panel thumbnail shows it correctly, it's just messed up in the body.

I'm still using 1.6 and I plan to update but I didn't look like the chrome issues it addresses will help with this.

TIA!

Gisa Jovanovic

Jul 7, 2014, 11:11:37 AM7/7/14
to PDFTron WebViewer on behalf of Matt Parizeau
Hi Matt,

thank you for your reply.

I have compaired sources (CoreControls and CoreWorker) again and found out that I did revert to older 1.7.1 (24014) build. After applying build that you suggested I was not able to reproduce the issue. As for the issue itsself even with previous build (24014) we were not able to reproduce issue constantly, only on some occasions (lets say 4 out of 10 tries tested on live site) page would disaply upside-down and smaller in size only for mobile (html5mobile) viewer and Chrome build 34, 35 on Android v.4 tablet.

Strange part is that I am almost sure I have applied 24553 (CoreControls and CoreWorker) and that issue occured on production site. On the other hand while testing locally (i thought it was 24533 build) it occured but only after many tries, basically at much lower rate compaired to live site (1 out of 20 tries)

To conclude after reapplying build 24553 on production site this morning and testing issue did not occured again, so I guess build 24553 resolved this issue :)

In case it occurs again I will send you sample project and XOD that I already prepaired. Thank you again for your time and support.

Best Regards,
Marko