any plans to support signature fields?

rbra...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2014, 6:00:47 PM1/27/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I'm in process of evaluating pdftron webviewer for a project that requires among other features support for converting signature fields, support currently lacking as far as I understood. Is it scheduled to add this feature?

Thanks
Radu

Matt Parizeau

Jan 29, 2014, 1:07:10 PM1/29/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Radu,

Are you just wanting to view existing signature fields without modifying them?  Do you require the ability to add ink signatures?

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

rbra...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2014, 12:29:34 AM2/3/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,
Just want to view existing ones and differentiate them from other form fields (for example being capable to select a signature field and superpose my own widget)

Matt Parizeau

Feb 4, 2014, 4:20:11 PM2/4/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Radu,

The location of the signature widget is already included in a document's XFDF data, so currently you can actually get the coordinates of the fields with a bit of work.

First you would call ExportAnnotations on AnnotationManager to get all of the annotation and widget data from the document.
Then you could use DOMParser's parseFromString method and use the result to get all the widget elements that have a "ft" attribute that equals "Sig".  e.g. <widget ft="Sig" page="2" rect="..."></widget>
Once you have this you can get the rect and page attributes to find where to place it.  Note that the points are in PDF coordinates so to get them in XOD coordinates you can use Document's GetXODCoordinates(pageIndex, x, y) method.  To get the Document object you can do readerControl.docViewer.GetDocument().

Because of how the appearance of a signature is defined in a PDF it is a bit tricky to display existing ones in WebViewer.  We may consider "flattening" the signature to an image that is part of the XOD document.  So you would be able to see an existing signature but not modify it.  Then you could just superpose your own widget over top to allow for adding a new signature.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.