WebViewer on Local

libropiu

May 17, 2013, 11:13:27 AM5/17/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I'm trying PDFTron WebViever. I read from the GettingStarted guide that it is necessary to host the project on a webserver.
I would like to know if it is possible to run on a local folder browser like the UIWebView of iOS. I need to integrate the WebViewer to an App that read the document from local without internet connection.

thanks

Kevin Kuo

May 17, 2013, 4:44:14 PM5/17/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Yes it should be possible to embed the WebViewer into the UIWebView of iOS.

If you're interested in Android, we have a sample showing how to do this with the Android WebView control.
It can load the WebViewer in the Android's WebView control and load a document from local file system directly.

You can download it from the 1.5 Mobile Beta release:
The sample is under WebViewer/samples/android

We will be providing a similar sample of how to do this for iOS soon!