WebViewer v1.7.1 Released

Matt Parizeau

Mar 26, 2014, 6:23:14 PM3/26/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com

WebViewer v1.7.1 (Mar 24, 2014)

Main changes are:
To see all of what's new, please visit the following link:

You can download the new version here:

Alberto Pahle

Apr 30, 2014, 10:53:52 AM4/30/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matt,

I'm still having xod rendering issues with chrome 34 and webviewer 1.7.1 . The xod get rendered with the HTML5 webviewer with all browsers, except chrome 34.
With Chrome 33 all is working fine.
We have also did some test with Chrome Canary (v36) and seems they fixed it. There's any temporary workaround to avoid this?

Matt Parizeau

May 1, 2014, 5:15:19 PM5/1/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alberto,

Are you able to view http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/? I'm using Chrome 34 and was able to view this demo just fine and it's running WebViewer 1.7.1. Maybe the issue is with a customization you've made?

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Alberto Pahle

May 2, 2014, 5:03:15 AM5/2/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matt,

no custom js, cache cleared.
i've tried to dig in the code and the problem is in the line 358 of WebViewer.js:

when i call this.contentWindow.CoreControls, it returns undefined, that doesn't happen in other browsers, also in chrome 33 works fine.

Chrome 33 & Firefox ( breakpoint on the line):

this.contentWindow.CoreControls

function (){} core-compressed.js:1

this.contentWindow.CoreControls.DisplayModes

Object {zl"Single"Ch"Continuous"Wk"Facing"Xk"FacingContinuous"Vi"Cover"…}

Chrome 34:

this.contentWindow.CoreControls

undefined

this.contentWindow.CoreControls.DisplayModes

TypeError: Cannot read property 'DisplayModes' of undefined

Seems Chrome 34 iframe DOM doesnt work in the same way of other browsers.

Alberto

Alberto Pahle

May 2, 2014, 6:04:11 AM5/2/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matt.. i have doublechecked again your example and i've noticed i have mantained linked a compressed ( by myself ) part of the library with the old code.
Sorry for the time waste and thanks again.

Alberto