Improve upload time to PWS

Ryan - PDFNet Developer

Jun 8, 2015, 8:29:24 PM6/8/15
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

We have recently integrated with PDFTron Web Services (PWS), but have a question.

How to decrease and optimize uploading time of file while uploading document on PWS.

Taking around 30-50 sec to upload and view that file.Once uploaded file can be seen within 5-10 sec . we had already made streaming false.

You have couple of options to speed up upload time:
a) Since we are running PWS on AWS & S3 it is possible that if you would pass your S3 bucket instead of uploading via HTTP it would be much faster (or server is located in Oregon so if you collocate your server there you will reach max performance).

b) You can use PWS on-premises (https://www.pdftron.com/pws/onpremise.html). That is you can use DocPub on your own servers.