Swiping to next page not working in ios 8 in home screen web app

Ryan - PDFNet Developer

Oct 17, 2014, 2:42:06 PM10/17/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

Touch gestures are not working with a web page in web-app mode after upgrading to IOS 8.
Touching the pages still works, but swiping to get to the next page does not.

A:
This is a bug with home screen apps and iframes in iOS 8.

On this site (http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios8-iphone6-web-developers-designers) at the bottom of the article it mentions that "Touch events inside iframes on home-screen apps are not being reported" which is the issue we are seeing.

So there doesn't seem to be much we can do besides wait for Apple to fix the issue.