IOSPartRetriever supporting decryption

Fco. Javier García

Dec 26, 2013, 10:10:58 AM12/26/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
We are using encrypted xod files generated with docpub tool in our iOS app. These xod files are being used in iOS and Android apps and it works fine using the HttpPartRetriever passing decryption options.
We are trying to use IOSPartRetriever to read these xod files from local folders but in examples is not possible to pass decrytion options. Is there any way to do it?, is it possible to decrypt local xod files in objective-c code to send the final data to js?. We tried to decrypt file contents using the same key we used to generate xod but it doesn't work.

Matt Parizeau

Dec 26, 2013, 1:17:03 PM12/26/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Using the IOSPartRetriever to decrypt documents should work similarly to the HttpPartRetriever.  However it looks like in MobileReaderControl.js in the loadDocument function, the decryption function and options aren't being passed to IOSPartRetriever.  You should be able to change this and pass in the decryption function (window.CoreControls.Encryption.Decrypt) and the options as the second and third parameters to IOSPartRetriever.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.