Customizing the mobile viewer

Matt Parizeau

Dec 11, 2013, 2:25:59 PM12/11/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

We have been using WebViewer on Windows/Mac and have had great results.  We use the Viewer in such a way that we control everything ourselves, so hiding your control bar and managing paging, zooming completely ourselves since we need to keep complete control.  On IOS, this is a different story. By default your viewer switches to a mobile version and the control we can manage ourselves seem a lot more restricted.  Is there a way we can adapt the mobile viewer just like we do with the normal viewer?

With the mobile viewer you also can have complete control over the look and feel.  You could use a config file to run any JavaScript code you want that modifies the user interface or responds to events.  You can take a look at the samples in the WebViewer download to see how you can use config files.

If you want to modify the mobile viewer directly you can also take a look at MobileReaderControl.html and MobileReaderControl.js.  It sounds like for the control you want you'll probably want to change these directly.  For example by editing these files you could disable the default swiping behavior and add two buttons to the menu bar that set the next or previous page.  You can change the buttons on the bar or even remove the bar completely and create your own; it's completely up to you.