Does WebViewer support 3D PDF?

Support

Apr 30, 2014, 3:17:06 PM4/30/14
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

Does WebViewer support 3D PDF?
I would like to display some 3D content in the browser.

You should be able to add 3D WebViewer support for 3D annotations. Please see the following KB article for more detail: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-webviewer/k-X-FALfWqY/G0MJ_YTUQa4J

In summary, you would need to implement a custom annotation (representing 3D content). We provide sample code showing how to implement custom annotations so the only remaining part is to load external 3D model. You can probably use one of 3D JS libs for visualization (e.g. https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/, http://www.babylonjs.com/, http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/dev/canvask3d/k3d_test.html, etc).

In case you want to extract U3D or PRC from the original PDF you can use PDFNet API for this. For more info and concrete sample code see U3D sample project (that is included as part of PDFNet) as well as
       https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/pdfnet-sdk/U3D