WebViewer stamping/watermarking; Viewing dynamically generated content etc...

Support

Dec 2, 2013, 6:11:48 PM12/2/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

I have a few of questions about the WebViewer.

Is it possible to pseudo watermark the document being displayed via the UI of the Viewer only, to avoid conversion and watermarking for each viewer request. For read-only viewing, it would be desirable to avoid having to watermark the document, yet be able to display visually on the screen a watermark?

Related to above, is it possible to water mark an XOD  -is there sample code to show how to do that?

When serving xod files from the server, is it possible to work with a byte array or does the xod have to exist on the file system?

I know that IIS ( our web server) supports byte range, is there any samples covering dynamically created content.

--------

Thanks for your interest in WebViewer!  You can apply a pseudo watermark by placing a div with some content over top of each page.  See this page for more info: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pdfnet-webviewer/Kth8hiwNs6Q.  The SetPageCompleteCallback code is where you could add your own code.

If you want to actually put a watermark on the XOD you can use PDFNet's Stamper class.  One example can be found here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pdfnet-webviewer/bl-PeZqI920 or you can take a look at the stamper sample in the PDFNet download (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode/StamperTest.cs.html).

For loading dynamically created XODs (e.g. with a byte array) you can take a look at PDFNet's WebViewerStreaming sample.  For a bit of discussion about something similar to this you can see this post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-webviewer/-twjop95iQ8/Q8C_bMoe7gMJ.