Browser Compatibility

Support

Jul 15, 2013, 9:11:57 PM7/15/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Q:

We are evaluating the PDFTron WebViewer for an application that we have developed.  The program looks like it is a very good match for our needs.  Unfortunately, we are working with older thin client devices.  When I run tests with the demo application on your web site, I receive the message (in the box that says “create your own”, “This demo feature not supported by your browser, please upgrade your browser or use a different browser” in IE7,  however WebViewer works well with Firefox on the same device.  Can you offer any guidance on the 'old IE' issue?

---------

WebViewer supports older browsers (e.g. IE 6, 7) by falling back to Silverlight or Flash if HTML5 Canvas is not available.

Please note that uploading is not part of WebViewer, it is just part of our online demo. Browser support for this is up to your own application. Here's a different sample of WebViewer without the extra uploading. You can test out the different viewer types: http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/samples/webviewer-universal/webviewer-universal.html

For WebViewer to work on IE7, Silverlight or Flash needs to be installed.

Try selecting Silverlight and Flash as the viewer types. If this doesn't work, please let us know.