Printable freetext tool

Iwan Luijks

Feb 13, 2015, 4:44:53 AM2/13/15
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the WebViewer there is the possibility to add freetext to the document. It works great, that without a doubt, but when you open that same PDF with added freetext in it via Adobe Reader (or Acrobat for that matter) and try to print the PDF.. the newly added text can't be printed.
This makes me wonder what the actual use is of this freetext command? Since using Adobe Reader/Acrobat though, you can add text using Adobe's tools, to the document, which is printable.

Could you explain what the difference is between the freetext command in the WebViewer versus adding text via Adobe Reader/Acrobat itself and how we might be able to print the freetext we add via the WebViewer commands?

Kind regards,

Iwan Luijks
UniTrust

Kevin Kuo

Feb 17, 2015, 10:05:48 PM2/17/15
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Iwan,

Can you clarify what you mean by "It works great, that without a doubt, but when you open that same PDF with added freetext in it via Adobe Reader (or Acrobat for that matter) and try to print the PDF.. the newly added text can't be printed." ?

Do you mean WebViewer printing in the browser? Since WebViewer 1.8, using the print function will also print annotations, including the freetext annotations.
Please clarify if you are printing from another application.
(For example, if you are exporting the annotations created in WebViewer, merging the annotations back into the original PDF and trying to print that in say, Acrobat).

WebViewer's freetext annotations are standard annotations that are the same as those that you would create in Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

Kevin Kuo