Yet another printing question

ch...@cwfent.com

Nov 19, 2013, 10:45:26 AM11/19/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From posts out there I figured out how to do the HTML5 "print the current page" using the canvas and that is working well. Thanks for that.

My question is about the flash, in a few posts here there are references made to limited printing in the flash and silverlight clients but we haven't found anything in the flash SDK in printing nor could I find any other details out there. Can you give me some direction on what/how we can do the printing in flash? Flash of course supports printing but the posts I've seen seem to indicate that its something supported in the viewer.

TIA!

Ryan - PDFNet Developer

Nov 21, 2013, 11:55:18 AM11/21/13
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
From a flash actionscript side, printing the page output from the flash webviewer is straight forward. However, there is no way to do this currently from the web/javascript side of things. If you need printing now, you would have to download the flash webviewer sdk, and expose some actionscript functions through the Flash/AJAX bridge so that you could print through javascript, or add a button to the Flash WebViewer ReaderControl toolbar.

This is on our plan, hopefully for the next release, but I expect this to be still a few months away.