Possible to customize thumbnail container creation?

sbi

Nov 5, 2018, 10:13:14 AM11/5/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello,

we are currently migrating our expansive customizations of the old WebViewer UI to the new UI within WebViewer 4.0.
While doing so we noticed that the previous method of overriding the creation of thumbnail containers in the sidepanel seems to be no longer available.

Previously we had overwritten the readerControl.createThumbnailContainer method with an altered version of the code to expand the thumbnail container with extra action buttons next to the page number.

Is there a way to do this in the new UI without changing the React code directly?

Justin Jung

Nov 7, 2018, 1:50:18 PM11/7/18
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sascha,

Unfortunately, you would have to change the source code and build. I'm guessing you would need to update Thumbnail.js.
You can refer to our advanced customizations guide for forking and syncing to better keep track of your custom version: https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/web/guides/ui/advanced-customization

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

scireum GmbH, Eisenbahnstraße 24, 73630 Remshalden

Am schnellsten erreichen Sie uns per Chat über MEMOIO: Support Channel

MEMOIO ist eine B2B Messaging Lösung. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter: https://www.scireum.de/memoio

Fax: +49 (0) 7151 90316-19
Internet: https://www.scireum.de

Geschäftsführer: Michael Haufler, Andreas Haufler
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 732171

unsere Datenschutzerklärung hier: https://www.scireum.de/scireum/datenschutz

sbi

Nov 16, 2018, 11:04:45 AM11/16/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Justin,

I created an issue on the ui repo for discussion of this as we think it would be best to design this as an API that other users can use as well: https://github.com/PDFTron/webviewer-ui/issues/49
Would be awesome if you could take a look at it.

Justin Jung

Nov 20, 2018, 12:45:12 PM11/20/18
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sascha,

Thank you for starting the discussion! I'll reply directly in Github.